Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Brandon, the Sailor Man!

I received an email last week from my nephew, Brandon. He will be home in the States for leave from December 27th through January 10th. I canNOT wait to wrap my arms around him and hug him tight. The girls go back to school on January 3rd, so I will have to get my visit in during the beginning of his leave.

Brandon is stationed on the USS George Washington in Japan. He was on the aircraft carrier when the Tsunami hit Japan back in the Spring. Luckily, he was far enough away that they only felt a little bump.

He told me during one of our phone conversations that they can feel when the ship hits a whale. I cannot imagine something that BIG would be phased by a whale. I guess it would be like a car going over a speed bump.

I think about him every day and pray he will stay safe and in good health. I know he has struggled with being away from home. Brandon has such a good heart and loves easily.

Please keep him in your prayers.

Maybe in my next care package, I will send him some spinach ... ha ha ha!

No comments: