Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jealousy Issues

I am trying very hard to not feel jealously towards people I know whose houses are selling, but it is very difficult. My friend in Arizona sold her house in 19 days. How does that happen in this economy? Our house has been on the market for over a month with only one phone call of a possible showing that didn't happen. Then I read that another friend who left Asheville last August finally sold their house. Of course, it had been on the market almost of year. Then I read where another friend has had three showings in one week with another scheduled for tomorrow. I don't get it.

And I am finding it very hard to be happy for them. Not a very good Christian thing to say is it. I am definitely putting myself out there.

I was always taught to give it to the Lord and leave it there ... don't continue to dwell on the problem. That is what I felt like I had done. Then I start reading these posts on Facebook and it comes back on my shoulders. I was so excited when we got the one phone call. I knew all it would take is one person to call and see the house. But then something kept getting in the way of him keeping his appointments. I have to tell myself that he wasn't the right buyer for our house.

No, we don't have the most unique house or the prettiest, but it is a great house with a theater room ... a theater room. How many people can say they have a theater room in their house? Well, I guess it is probably a little more common these days. You don't even have to go to the movies anymore. You just recline in the most comfortable chairs ever with a glass of wine and a bowl of popcorn and watch your favorite movie or the newest release. No cell phones ringing or people kicking the back of your seat. No kids crying and screaming ... unless they are your own. Plus, we have two master suites. One is upstairs all by itself. It is perfect for the guest quarters.

Well, I have to keep it with God. It is not something I can take on. I have to put my trust in Him that He will send the right buyer at the right time. I would just like Him to send them a little sooner than later. But I have to ask that His will be done, not mine.

Thankful Thought: I don't know tonight. I am having a hard time with being thankful. Let's go this direction.... I am thankful I have a roof over my head, and if needed, I have a house to go to with beautiful views and a theater room (LOL) that is close to some very dear friends.

No comments: