Monday, May 31, 2010

LONG Overdue Update

There are so many things I need to tell everyone about and just not enough time to do it right now. I find that I keep my facebook stuff more update to date and forget about blogger. My apologies. Then I have someone tell me they are reading it and I feel very guilty for NOT keeping it updated. Again, my apologies. The girls get out of school in 2 1/2 days. Hopefully, I will find the time over the Summer to keep my posts more frequent.

We started on the kitchen over the weekend. We finally have somewhat of a design plan for the back splash and the counter tops. Then we started thinking about replacing the base cabinets which has made us take a step back. I am on a quest to find the best deal now. Myron started sanding down the walls and prepping them for paint. At least the walls will be ALL one color once that is done. We have decided to put bead board as the back splash. I think that really will keep the "country" feel we are going for in the kitchen. I have pictures but haven't downloaded them yet. Another thing on my list of things to do.

It is a bittersweet moment to mention the girls will be out of school in 2 1/2 days. Although I look forward to not having to get them up early every morning, I also have to remember they will be together the whole day, every day ... UGH!!!! I have already told them they are going to have chores every week they will have to complete: folding laundry, cleaning out the dishwasher, etc. Nothing major but things they can do. And if they start fighting, they will be cleaning bathrooms with their OWN toothbrushes .... at least, that is the threat. Plus, they have math workbooks they have to complete over the Summer, violin and reading. So hopefully I can keep them busy enough they won't fight ... yeah right!!!

I am off to get my hair cut. I guess I better go so I won't be late. I will post again when I can put pictures on here. I really do want to keep everyone updated with the house. We just haven't done a whole lot worth mentioning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Glad to have you back lady! I was getting mighty tired of reading that Frustration post! :)