Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Happened Today?

Well, let me tell you. The teachers hosted a Volunteer Luncheon ... yummmy!!!! Mrs. Edwards and Mrs. Powers (who happen to be Sarah's teachers) made some very delicious dishes for us. I have been to the Volunteer Luncheon the last two years and never had a crowd like we did today. They had, I think, three different kinds of quiches, stuffed mushrooms, hashbrown casserole, steamed veggies, cornbread and rolls ... oh and a bowl of mixed fruit. I ate way too much but enjoyed every bite. Then they had some kind of butternut squash cake or something. I missed what they said it was ... and peach cobbler which was again so yummy.

All the classes came in and did a little something. Some classes just sang a song, some put on little plays, one class made us play charades (too funny). The 8th grade beat them all. They sang a mix of songs. They divided up into little groups and put their own words to melodies we could recognize like "We will rock you." It was great. Thanks to all the teachers for taking the time to help us feel appreciated.

My thankful thought for the day is Asheville Catholic School faculty, staff and parents. I have made a lot of friends through the school. I have enjoyed being a part of all it's happenings.

Good Night for now!

1 comment:

Tonya Roberts said...

You know....all of this happened a VERY long time ago!!! I KNOW there is more going on at your house these days!!!!