Monday, January 31, 2011

Catholic Schools Week & More

This week is Catholic Schools Week. It is celebrated in every school across the nation (I think) this week. We started with Mass on Sunday. All the school kids were asked to wear their uniforms to church and donuts were served afterwards by school volunteers.

This morning there was a Family Breakfast before the kids went to class. Dr. Pennell's wife fixed some kind of breakfast casserole and lots of fruit parfaits ... yummy. She always contributes food for occasions such as these.

Tomorrow is Grandparent's Tea hence the reason Pop and Nana are up for a visit. They will get to have breakfast goodies with the girls in the morning and visit with other grandparents.

Sarah was not feeling well before bed tonight. I am not sure she will make it to school tomorrow. I will be very sad for her if she does not get to enjoy the Breakfast Tea with Pop and Nana.

As I think back over the month, I am trying to remember what all we accomplished or did. It seemed like Myron worked every weekend ... oh, because he did. He was off this past weekend which was nice because it was a beautiful weekend here in the Upstate of South Carolina. We were in the 70's on Sunday. We had the windows open and were out in the yard playing Frisbee.

Last weekend, I took the girls to see the World Famous Lipizzaner Stallions. It was not at all what I thought it was going to be. It was more of a demonstration rather than a show. The horses were very graceful and I do know it takes time for them to be trained to do all they do.

I seriously cannot think of anything else that was important. We really have not worked on any house projects since Myron hasn't had a weekend off. We also haven't been to the NC house since the first part of December.

Tomorrow is the 1st of February. I cannot believe this month has flown by.

Oh .... I do remember one thing. We have a Superstar living with us. Bethany has started performing for us each night a new song that she has written. Some are sung from the top of her head while others are written out. It has been a hoot.

Well, I am off to bed. I did not sleep well last night between all the dogs barking, the trains blowing their horns and the floors cracking. Then by the time I started to fall asleep, Myron's alarm went off ... UGH!!!! I NEED a good night's sleep.

No comments: