Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Over Due

My only excuse: I just haven't taken the time to sit here and type anything out.

Our week (last week) started off pretty good. We knew it was going to snow ... we just didn't know when. It started on Tuesday afternoon. I canceled our horse back riding lessons for that day because the girls were still a little congested and it was so cold outside. But then Bethany and I were hit with a stomach bug. Joy, Joy!!! Although I never was sick, I still ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor. I just didn't want to have to jump up and run should the need arise. Bethany on the other hand had to make it to the bathroom. Unfortunately, I couldn't get off the bathroom floor to go to her. So, poor Myron had to take care of her. I felt bad for him since he had to get up for work the next day.

Bethany and I both pretty much stayed in the bed most of the day Wednesday. Sarah, poor thing, had to fend for herself. She even made her own lunch and cleaned up after herself. I was so proud.

My parents were supposed to come up on Thursday, but when I called to say we had a stomach thing going on, they backed out. Can't say I blame them at all. They were coming up for the girls Violin Recital on Saturday.

We had another snow day on Thursday ... hip hip hooray. The girls didn't enjoy it a whole lot but did get out a little bit each day. That night, Myron shoveled and salted the driveway. He was tired of parking at the bottom and walking up. Friday morning when we left for school, there was still a good bit of snow on the driveway. By that evening when we came home, there was not a trace of snow. That is how quickly it warmed up.

Saturday and Sunday were such beautiful Spring-like days. We even opened the windows to try to air out some of the germies that had accumulated in the last two weeks. It seems like this time of year brings them out full force.

The girls did a lovely job playing in the Recital on Saturday. We were very proud of them. I will try to post one of the videos soon.

I have got to get dinner started. I hope everyone has a good evening.

No comments: