Friday, August 28, 2009

God's Blessings

So, finally a piece of Life's puzzle slipped into place this week for me.

I have been struggling to keep my faith and leave everything in God's hands. I think I must have hit a big time low in my life because on Wednesday God gave me a little pick-me up.

At the beginning of August, I started looking for a new violin instructor. There are two that I found out were raised and trained in the Suzuki method. Of course, neither had an opening but had waiting lists. I put our names on one of those lists with no hope of there ever being an opening. One lady was willing to give us lessons when she had openings or time, which could have been any time, and to let the girls participate in group lessons and recitals. I thought "well at least they would be getting some direction." Her group lessons were on Mondays ... bummer, because the girls signed up for a dance class right after school on that day. UGH!!!

I was getting so discouraged wondering "WHY? WHY? WHY?" But then on Wednesday, my cell phone rang. It was Kathryn ... the lady whose waiting list we were on. She had an opening come up. The down side is that it is only 45 minutes and we needed 1 hour 15 minutes. But she is willing to squeeze both girls into that time frame ... at least for a trial period to see how it works out. The up side: the lessons are on Tuesdays when we have nothing else and groups are on Thursdays when we have nothing else.

It has been an answer to prayers. I am praising God today for all his blessings. This answer gave me the lift I needed in my life to know that everything is going to work out.

Thankful thought: God and all His blessings.

No comments: