Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

So I spent ALL day yesterday and most of this morning cooking and preparing for our Thanksgiving feast. I think it took us 15 minutes to eat. Luckily we had plenty of leftovers for tonight. Sometimes it seems like such a waste to do all that cooking for such a short time of eating. I have to say that everything turned out very yummy. Even my turkey was very moist.

After cleaning up, we went for a stroll around the apartment complex. It was such a beautiful day. I watched the weather today and saw that Madison County, NC is under a Winter Weather Advisory. They could get up to 2 inches of snow tonight. That is where our house is in NC. We are heading up there tomorrow. Hopefully we can get up the driveway. I would hate to have to carry all the dirty clothes I have to wash up the driveway.

We are meeting the house inspector tomorrow at the Little FSBO House. Myron will get to see what is or isn't wrong with the house. Hopefully we will hear about the appraisal also tomorrow morning. We are very anxious to know how that went on Tuesday. The pest inspection was done on Wednesday and everything was clear. A little good news in all this mess.

Today is a day to remind ourselves of all the wonderful people and things in our lives. I would like to list a few of them out for you:
1. God. I am so grateful that He sent His only Son to die for me. He is with me through all the good and bad times.
2. Myron. What a wonderful, supportive husband I have. I am very grateful for him.
3. Bethany and Sarah. Although I complain about them, I truly love them with all my heart.
4. Pop and Nana. I love my parents very much and am grateful to still have them in my life.
5. Family. I can't name everyone. I have a wonderful extended family.
6. Friends. I have some great friends who have been with me for a long time and some a short time. I could not survive without my friends.
7. Roof and food. I am very thankful to have a roof over my head and food on the table.

Okay, I could go on but seven is my favorite number so I will leave it there.

I hope and pray everyone has had a thankful and wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: