Thursday, January 14, 2010

House Update

There have been many changes since the last update. I started getting quotes for having the floors refinished when we realized there were some plumbing issues that needed to be addressed. So we took a step back and I tried to find a plumber that would come out and give us an estimate. But here is the kicker, they don't give free estimates; they charge a service fee which ranged from $29 to $65. FORGET THAT!

Then I turned to the Handymen in the yellow pages. They do it ALL ... plumbing, electrical, home improvements, etc. So I found Mark. I showed him where we wanted the washer/dryer combo to go. He looks at me and says, "You are going to HATE that. You do NOT want your washer/dryer in your bathroom." So I show him the hallway closet where it could go after a little modification. He said "you will like it here much better." The next guy came in. I showed him the bathroom then I showed him the closet. He looks at me and says, I swear he said this, "That is TOO much work." (regarding the closet area). He then proceeds to quote for the bathroom and leaves. I knew right then I would NOT be hiring him. Mark it is!!! He started on Thursday. Here are some pictures showing what all he did over the course of 4 days.

Before picture of the closet. There is a storage space just above the closet. You can barely see it in the picture. It was pretty much useless to me because I couldn't reach nor see up there. Mark knocked all that out and made it one open space.

Closet is taken out and Mark has started rebuilding the frame. He has also installed the plumbing for the washer.

Here is another picture to show the electrical in and drywall installed.

Another view of the closet in progress.

The closet is finished and the baseboard is in place. The thermostat was moved from the inside of the closet to this outer wall. Granted it wasn't inside the closet until Mark rebuilt it.
The floors are coming along nicely. I just don't have a lot of time to be posting right now. My in-laws are on their way for a visit and I still have LOTS to do. Although, I am going to make one more post.

No comments: