Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Weekend

I guess there was a little confusion with my first post. I wasn't saying that my girls have been "angels" all summer long ... just that one day. And believe me, it was short lived. The next day they were back to the normal arguing and fighting over toys. In fact, Sarah was in a lot of trouble Saturday morning. She has a bad habit of hitting when she doesn't get her way or what she wants. I have a mind to tell Bethany to just draw back and knock Sarah out. But Myron says that wouldn't be a good idea, and I agree with him. So, she was sent to her room until she could come out and apologize.

Saturday was a very relaxing day for us. We went for a short bike ride in our neighborhood. We ended up at our neighborhood "petting zoo". Our neighbor has horses, a goat, a pheasant, three dogs, a bunch of birds ... oh, and one cat which I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. We took carrots over to feed to the horses and Nick, the goat. The girls really enjoy going over to see all the animals; especially, Winston, a long-hair Dachshund. He is a very beautiful pup. Kelsey, the 15 y.o. daughter, babysat for us twice this summer and both times she took the girls back to her house where they got to ride the pony and one of the mares. They have such a good time visiting with all the animals. We really enjoy having Cathy and Kelsey as one of our neighbors.

Today, we went to church, out to lunch and the grocery store. Our church service was extra long this morning. We had a baptism, which I always cry at for some reason. It is always such a blessing to see a child of God baptized. Then we had an Hispanic woman speak to us about her experience this last week. On Tuesday, there was a raid at a local business. Fifty-seven Hispanic women were arrested because they were here illegally. Most of these women have small children who are US citizens (they were born here). A lot of the women are parishioners at St. Eugene which lead to her speaking to us. My heart goes out to these women who have risked their lives for the sake of their children. Please remember these families in your prayers. They only came here to better their lives and the lives of their children. Imagine what it would be like to lose your children to the State. I cannot go there. It hurts my heart.

On a brighter note... Tomorrow is the first day of school. My girls are not overly excited about getting up early in the morning. I tried to get them in the bed at 7:45 tonight but at 8:15, they were still awake. It has finally gotten quite so I believe they are finally asleep. I know it must be hard to go to sleep when the sun is still up, but it is going to be much harder getting up at 6:20 in the morning. I pray God will help me be a good mother in the morning and pray I will not have to yell my girls on the first day of school. I should probably get lunches made tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow morning. But I am getting tired and ready for bed myself.

I will try to remember to post pictures tomorrow from the first day of school. Good Night to all and may God bless your day.

No comments: