Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brrr!!!

It is so cold. I mean bone chilling cold. It is not even the coldest part of the night and already the thermometer is reading in the teens. Of course, the wind didn't help at all today. It just made it much colder. For instance, I checked the temperature for Weaverville a few hours ago. It was 16 degrees with a wind chill of 2 degrees. So you can imagine, it will most definitely be below zero here tonight with the wind chill.

I do hope my parents have packed some warm clothes. They are headed to Gatlinburg this weekend with the youth from their church for a retreat. I cannot imagine the weather will be any different there. Just plain cold.

The girls are out of school tomorrow. They are back in their room watching a movie. I am going to go turn it off and head to bed myself. I am just pooped tonight. I need a few minutes of rest and relaxation.

Oh I just remembered... I cooked with Bethany's class today. We made cinnamon rolls. They weren't too pretty but the kids seemed to really like them. They were so easy too.

My thankful note tonight is ... um ... let me think for a minute ... what can I be thankful for tonight? Lots of things... my hubby (even when .. well .. he is just being a man), my darling girls (I sincerely mean that), my friends, the girls' school (I just love ACS: the faculty and staff), my little job, and many more. I could go on but then what would I be thankful for tomorrow. I don't want to keep repeating the same things.

Good night for now.

No comments: