Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August Update

You know, I really do think about blog updates on a daily basis. I just don't take the time to type one out. There is so much to tell of course. I will try to keep it simple yet informative.

The beginning of the month started out with the girls and I traveling to Opelika to attend the Whatley Family Reunion. They wanted this year to be a great turn-out because it was the 200th birthday year of the Founding Father, Simeon Whatley. AND boy, was it a GREAT turn-out. There were SO many people there. The girls got to meet some distance cousins they have never met before. They had fun playing on the playground and were so cooperative when I said "Let's take a picture!"




The following weekend we had visitors: Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Kathy. We had a fun-filled weekend. They came up on Wednesday. Thursday we took them downtown and enjoyed lunch at Smoke on the Water ... yummy!!! We then walked around in Falls Park. It was quite warm that day and Greenville does offer the water area. Of course, the girls were told to NOT get wet ... just their feet. Sarah is the only one who listened ... hee hee. But I know, Bethany felt good afterwards.





That night was Open House at the school. It was an opportunity for us to meet the teachers, drop-off supplies and sign up for volunteering (well, at least for me to sign up). Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Kathy tagged along since they had never seen inside the school before.

Friday, all the girls went shoe shopping while Myron and Grandpa installed my new range hood. Now I can burn dinner and not set off the smoke detector ... LOL!!!! They also hung the doors to the laundry closet.


Saturday found us bowling ... Bowling? It has been a while since some of us have bowled. And let me tell you, it is nothing like bowling on the wii.








Monday, August 16th ... The first day of school. Bethany started 4th grade and Sarah started 3rd grade. We were headed to the car when I remembered ... "Oh my gosh!!! I almost forgot to take pictures!"



August also brought along soccer for Bethany. She has been asking to play soccer for a while now. I finally took the plunge and signed her up. She has been playing so hard. This past Saturday they played a practice game against the 10-11 year olds. They didn't score one goal but those 8-9 year olds gave the older ones a good run.

The following pictures were taken during practice before the practice game.
Does she look like she is having fun? I think the picture says it all.

That is Bethany's coach in the background ... Coach Gary. He has been awesome with the girls and very patient with the new ones.
That about raps up the highlights of the month for the family. I do have some house updates to share, but I will put them in a post of their own.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Cute pictures! I didn't know Bethany was doing soccer! Clara has been asking to try it...but didn't want to give up dance or gymnastics...so that one will have to wait until next year!

Wendy Younce said...

Bethany is loving it. Sarah didn't want to play, but now she is saying things like "when I play, I want to be goalie." So I guess she will be signing up next round. Bethany had been asking for a few years now, but I kept putting it off. They were already doing so much.