Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home Again

The girls and I are back from a very nice visit with my family. We were able to see my brother and his whole family on Saturday. We had a nice steak dinner and exchanged gifts. I think it was a success all around.

Sunday we spent all day in New Site, AL ... where the church my Dad pastors is located. The morning service included Baby Dedication. I was so happy to be there for little Harper's dedication. My girls even sang their school Christmas program songs.

We had lunch with a lovely family ... the Cokers. Wanda made a delicious feast. I especially enjoyed her hashbrown casserole and banana pudding ... yummy!!!

We then took the girls to the Horseshoe Bend National Park where we learned a little about the battle that took place there between the white men and the Creek Indians. The girls were able to get some information to take back to share with their classes.

That night the children of Rocky Creek Baptist Church (RCBC) put on a Christmas program. I had such a hard time knowing which kid was which and who they belonged to. All of them have grown so much. Plus, it has been over a year since I have seen them. It was such a sweet program.

I love RCBC and am so glad I was able to spend some time with the people there. You know the saying that "you can never go home again". Well, it just doesn't apply to me when it comes to RCBC. I always feel at home there.

Monday's thankful thought is ungrateful children. They help to keep life in perspective ... help me to remember to teach them to think of others rather than themselves.

Tuesday's thankful thought is a husband who was at home waiting for us to get home. That is right. Hard to believe, uh?

No comments: