Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Healthier Me And More

Well, I am finishing up Day 3 on a healthier me. I walked yesterday and today with a friend who makes me really work to keep up. I always feel so much better after walking with her. My face was so red. It has been a bit humid up here in the mountains, so I was really sweating at the end of the walk.

My eating has been pretty good. Of course, Monday we went to the fair ... need I say more. I did eat a few chips and salsa yesterday and some cheese bunnies today. But I did walk for an hour each day. And when I exercise, I am supposed to eat more carbs (yes, I am justifying). The scale will have the final say about those mistakes.

I made the mistake of getting on the scale yesterday and today. Yesterday there was no change which I really wasn't expecting there to be. But today it went down 1 pound. I can't very well snub my nose at one pound. But I would have been a little happier with something more, like 30 (ha ha ha). I will try to hold off a few days before I get back on. I will try to give my metabolism a chance to kick in.

Oh I do have to say that my temptation has been challenged BIG time at work. Fr. John celebrated 25 years in the priesthood this year and was honored at church on Sunday. Someone brought a cake with butter cream icing with a picture of him on it. Lots of jokes were flying around the office yesterday ... Poor Fr. John. Anyway, that is one of my most favorite things in the world. The icing is so sweet but works so well with the cake. Mmmmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. And you know how there is always a trail of icing left around the edge of the cake? Well, I wanted so badly to just get a big glob on my finger and savor the moment. But I TRIUMPHED!!! Yes I did. I have resisted the urge to take just ONE bite. Because one bite always leads to another then to another ... well, you know how it goes. So hopefully, the scale will be nice to me for not eating the cake.

On another note, my sister-in-law (Kathy) called me tonight to inform me she won a cruise to the Bahamas. I was like "and you are calling to invite me to go with you. Sister, I am packing my bags now." But she just laughed and said "Uh, No!" But true enough, she did win and she is setting sail on December 7th for 5 days and 4 nights. Congrats, Kathy. Make sure you take lots of pictures. I want to know all the details ... well, maybe not all but most.

1 comment:

Tonya Roberts said...

Just remember that it's a slow process! For me...it's especially slow. Like time stands still, snail paced, frozen in time kind of slow. It didn't get there in a week and it sure won't leave in one! Keep plugging away! You can do it!