Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a mess!!!!

I am so scared, frustrated and confused. I feel like our area is slowly dying. We have been in a gas crises for two weeks now and it is getting worse ... not better ... WORSE. Second grade went on an all day field trip, which should have been canceled. It was about 30-45 minutes drive to get there. Every gas station was empty. I tell you ... that is one scary sight. A few of the ladies were getting close to empty. The gas stations that do have gas have so many cars waiting that it's unbelievable. I think in the 35 miles we traveled, we saw two stations that had gas and saw 15 to 20 that are empty. But we could not wait in the lines because we had to get back to the school.

Poor Myron, had enough gas to get to work this morning and barely enough to get home. There is nowhere I can tell him that has gas. There was one station in Weaverville that had a tanker in front of it at 3:30 this afternoon, but the pumps were not open. That was the only ray of hope for gas I could give him. So tomorrow he will probably have to take my car, which has 1/2 a tank of gas, and I will have to drive around town looking for gas for his truck. The only down side to that is I won't have enough gas to drive very far.

I wonder how everyone else is fairing. My Mom (in Opelika, AL) tells me their area has gas just at unsightly prices. Right now, I will take the unsightly price over nothing at all. My Mom-in-law (in Foley, AL) told Myron they are not having any problems getting gas either. So why is it our area is suffering so much.

Oh a happy note, Sarah went on a field trip yesterday to an apple orchard. She got to go on a hayride, walk through a corn and sunflower mazes, and pick apples. She seemed to have a very good time. Today, Bethany went on a field trip to the Pisgah Forest. It was very beautiful there. I got to go along also. We went on a hike, played games, learned about bats and fed the trout. We had a really good time. I will try to post pictures. I just wanted to get my thoughts down while I was thinking about it.

No comments: