Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Happenings

We went to 11 a.m. Mass this morning. And when we came out Myron said "let's go to Tupelo Honey Cafe for lunch." I was all over that suggestion. You know how you go visit strange towns and you are not sure where to eat. So you ask the locals where to go and of course they suggest places like Texas Roadhouse or Mellow Mushroom because they have no clue that these are actually chains (that is what happened to us when we moved up here). We wanted to try some place that was only in Asheville, you know, a signature place. Well in Asheville, we have found it to be Tupelo Honey Cafe. And if you ever watch the Travel channel and they are talking about Asheville, they almost always mention Tupelo Honey Cafe (THC). It is very yummy.

Anyway, I got off track. The bad thing about THC is the wait. When we get there at almost 12:45, it is an hour wait. So we head up the street a little ways to Mayfels. Which is very good, don't get me wrong, but it is not THC. It is very, very different. But I can say, I am branching out on the things I eat. I had a muffalata (?) with an olive salad on it ... different, but good ... with sweet potato fries. It was very good.

Then we headed to Best Buy because, now that Myron has a working radio in his truck, he wants to listen to good music. While we were there, the girls got to play the Wii. I told Myron that has got to be our together Christmas gift this year. I think we would all benefit and enjoy that game system.

As the weekend comes to an end, I have to start thinking about the week and all our happenings. Monday, Sarah has an all day field trip to the apple orchard. They are going with their big friends ... the 6th graders. Tuesday, Bethany has an all day field trip to the Pisgah Center. They will be hiking, learning about habitats, and learn about bats. Wednesday, I have to work. Thursday, I have to have another part replaced on my car. Friday, the school is having a Rummage Sale on Saturday so I will be helping get everything organized. So already a busy week and it hasn't started yet. Plus tomorrow is the weigh in ... YIKES, not after eating a muffalata for lunch and blackberry cobbler for dessert. I may have to pass on the weigh in.

1 comment:

Tonya Roberts said...

We love our Wii! Such a good time! It comes with Wii sports that has tons of games...but I definitely recommend the Wii Fit! BIG fun! But it will tell you that you are getting fat and wants you to try to guess why! I don't love that about it...but the games are really, really fun and challenging. The kids totally love it too! Good luck finding one!